Monday, August 2, 2010

Time got away from me!

Amazing how fast the summer goes by! I had really good intentions to post this earlier... but I guess better late than never! On Wednesday, July 21st, we got to help welcome to the world our precious nephew, Case Michael Tolbert! He weighed 7 lbs 7 ounces, and was 19 precious inches long! It really was such a joy to get to be there the day he was born. Matt's sister Jennifer and her husband Quinn are the proud parents!

This is Quinn, Case, and big brother Cy.



Holding sweet Case for the first time!



Matt was such a natural! :)



I was disappointed that I didn't get a full family picture! However, I saw today that they had some newborn pictures made, and there is a great family shot! A fellow aggie and AFCer, Allison (Cloud) Brockman did such a great job! Take a look at her blog to see the wonderful pictures. She did such a great job!! Just click here!

I can't wait to make more wonderful memories with this sweet family, and watch our nephews grow up! They are such a blessing in our lives.

The week that Case was born, we had lots of company stay at our house and it was great to catch up, and even meet new friends! On Wednesday night, Matt's good friend Kevin stayed with us. He made frequent trips this past year to come visit his sweet girlfriend Danielle, and would stay the night at our house. Unfortunately, this visit didn't end up so great! That night he complained that he had a stomach ache and needed some tums. I didn't think too much of it, got him his medicine and went to bed later that night. I woke up the next morning to Matt telling me that he was taking him to the ER!! Several hours later, I called Matt to check up on Kevin and turns out that Kevin had appendicitis! That Thursday afternoon he had surgery to remove his appendix. Needless to say, the tums were definitely NOT what he needed! I hope his next stay at our house is a little more enjoyable because we love spending time with him!

He was in good spirits after the surgery since the pain was gone!



On Friday, Matt's dad and youngest sister Emilie got to come stay with us for the night so they could finally meet baby Case on Saturday. It was great to have them, and is always nice to see family again.

Saturday we all got to go see Case, then that evening Matt and I met Patrick and some other friends in Houston at Papasitas to celebrate Patrick's birthday. We also got to meet Patrick's sweet girlfriend, Carley. She also stayed at our house for the weekend while she was visiting. She seems like a really great girl and we are so happy for Patrick. He deserves the best! I was terrible about taking pictures, so I'm borrowing one of Carley's (hope she doesn't mind)! :)

Here's a picture of the cute couple!



I'm sure we'll be seeing a lot more of her this coming year! It will be so fun to go on double dates!

Other than that busy week, things have been relatively calm around here, which has been so nice! It's just the calm before the storm though. I start work in two weeks and it is going to be such a busy time! The beginning of school is always pretty crazy, but I'm looking forward to having a schedule again. I can't wait to meet my new kiddos! Matt finishes summer school this week and he's real excited! It has been a very busy summer for him and he is ready for a break, even if it is just a week or two before he starts the Fall semester.

We're leaving Friday afternoon to go to New Braunsfels to float the river with some of my high school friends. I'm really excited about catching up with them... I really miss them a lot! Then from there, we're going to Matt's family reunion on Sunday. I'll make sure to post pictures and blog earlier this time! I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment